Monday, February 2, 2009

"They like me, they really like me!"

Okay, Peoples!

I'm just going to be up front and tell you that I was a theater major, and I pretty much live for applause! Srsly. It's emotional crack. Mental methamphetamine. On a bad day, applause when I walk into a room can fill my horizon with sunshine and rainbows and I just found out that there is a bloggy equivalent for it. The blog award. *insert swell of music here*



I got it from my dealer pal Ginny Marie over at Lemon Drop Pie. Isn't it beauteous? What's even better is that all I had to do to get it was yap about myself when I should've been sleeping! Dat...is awesome!

I've been instructed to share five things that I am "into" right now, so here are five things that I totally dig (other than applause, blogger awards, and recognition-induced endorphins) :

1) I know that I've mentioned this before, but honestly I cannot plug Jennifer Crusie novels enough! Especially Agnes and the Hitman.

2) Cleaning. Lately I'm taking an unreasonable amount of pleasure in doing things like scrubbing the grout on my tile floors and sterilizing my sink with bleach before scrubbing it with cleanser and then polishing it with glass cleaner. Crazy.

3) Songs that make my blood pump faster and can only be sung really loudly, like this one, and this one. Try not to judge me too harshly.

4) Sorting through old pictures, poems, letters and journals. When I look at the big picture, I can't miss how unbelievably lucky I've been and how blessed I am.

5) Chatting with long-lost friends and family members on Facebook. My sister and I even call each other up so that we can stalk our loved ones together, saying things like, "Did you see what I commented on dad's page? You've got to go look!" ("Hang on, I'm getting there!") "Hurry up! Should I just tell you?!" "No! I see it!!!" *insert gales of laughter*

I would now like to pass this award on to some of my favorite bloggers:

Reading their blogs is really a sixth thing that I'm into, so take a minute to check out their latest posts and leave a comment-you'll be glad that you did! :)