Sunday, February 12, 2012
1) Put your iTunes on shuffle. Give me the first 6 songs that pop up.
Yeah. I don't know where my iPod is. BUT: I've been planning to find it and wipe it and load all of the boys' kid music onto to it and then hook it up to my iDog so that they can listen as they fall asleep each night.
2) If you could meet anyone on this earth, who would it be?
Um...living or dead? I'll go with living: Jason Mraz. I'd explain, but I think that his awesomeness speaks for itself. He inspires the hell out of me.
3) Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 23, give me line 17.
"They like things, you know? Good food, comfort, they're very materialistic. If you need to win him over, that could help." ~from Maybe This Time by Jennifer Crusie
4) What do you think about most?
What I have to do next.
5) What does your latest text message from someone else say?
"Hey Mom, I'm staying after for costume measurements for the play. Can you pick me up when I text next please? Thanks. Love you! :) "
6) Do you sleep with or without clothes on?
Both. It depends on the night. Rarely sleep in more than bra and panties, though.
7) What's your strangest talent?
I'm not sure that I have a strange talent...
8) Women.... have vaginas; Men.... have penises.
9) Ever had a poem or song written about you?
Not that I know of. But Jesse's drawn pieces of artwork for and of me.
10) When is the last time you played the air guitar?
11) Do you have any strange phobias?
White spiders. Usually, I'd link to a picture, but then I'd have to look at a white spider. *shudder*
12) Ever stuck a foreign object up your nose?
13) What's your religion?
I was raised Roman Catholic. I'm now...less Roman Catholic.
14) If you are outside, what are you most likely doing?
Planting or caring for dahlias.
15) Do you prefer to be behind the camera or in front of it?
16) Simple but extremely complex. Favorite band?
Hot Chelle Rae.
17) What was the last lie you told?
I don't lie.
18) Do you believe in karma?
You bet your sweet bippy!
19) What does your URL mean?
"My Bella Figlia" is italian for "My Beautiful Daughter".
20) What is your greatest weakness; your greatest strength?
I'm not very good at taking care of myself. I rock at taking care of others.
21) Who is your celebrity crush?
This is a weird question. I don't know if I have celebrity crushes. There are celebrities that I think are really, really good-looking and there are celebrities that I love for their talent/contributions, but I don't want any of them, not truly. There are certainly celebrities that I care about, and care about what happens to them. Like Sandra Bullock. I sometimes think that God speaks to me through Sandra Bullock movies (yes, I know how crazy that looks now that I've typed it out) and I was sad and outraged on her behalf when her marriage ended and really happy for her when she adopted her son. Does that count?
22) Have you ever gone skinny dipping?
Yes. A lot.
23) How do you vent your anger?
Screaming, crying, throwing things. You know, the usual. It takes a lot to get me truly pissed, though.
24) Do you have a collection of anything?
Books. Peacocks. Pysanka. Fiestaware. Carlton Walking Ware. Cut glass. Dahlia tubers. Dachshund stuff. How long ya got?
25) Do you prefer talking on the phone or video chatting online?
Phone. Faster and easier.
26) Are you happy with the person you've become?
Yes. Although I am often disappointed with how I've squandered the brains and talent that God gave me.
27) What's a sound you hate; sound you love?
My boys crying or whining; laughter.
28) What's your biggest "what if"?
"What if I could turn back time? Fix my mistakes. Save Mom?"
29) Do you believe in ghosts? How about aliens?
Yes and yes. It is arrogant to believe otherwise, I think.
30) Stick your right arm out; what do you touch first? Do the same with your left arm.
My keys. My cell phone.
31) Smell the air. What do you smell?
Sissy's perfume. It smells like cotton candy.
32) What's the worst place you have ever been to?
Wow, nothing's coming to mind. How blessed am I?!
33) Choose: East Coast or West Coast?
East Coast. Broadway, duh!
34) Most attractive singer of your opposite gender?
I'm going to have to bend the definition of singer to include Gerard Butler, because he is gorgeous.
35) To you, what is the meaning of life?
To love and be loved.
36) Define: Art.
"Art: Something created by an animal that a) brings more beauty to the world or b) helps the animal understand the world or themselves better." See Etymology.
37) Do you believe in luck?
Good luck or bad luck? When asking, it pays to be specific.
38) Patriots or Giants? Or, who gives a rat's ass?
39) Will you watch the game? If yes, with who?
40) Do you drive? If so, have you ever crashed?
Yes. I've been hit by other vehicles.
41) What was the last book you read?
42) Do you like the smell of gasoline?
43) Do you have any nicknames?
Ange, A, Anga. Mama. Dove. Shangrila.
44) What was the last movie you saw?
45) What's the worst injury you've ever had?
I don't really know how to answer this question.
46) Have you ever caught a butterfly?
47) Do you have any obsessions right now?
Making stuff. Knitting, crocheting, painting, drawing, collaging, cooking. Driftwood.
48) What's your sexual orientation?
Mostly straight, a little bi. Most people are somewhere within the spectrum; few are completely straight or completely gay, I think. I've dated couples, and enjoyed that, but ultimately identify as straight.
49) Ever had a rumor spread about you?
50) Do you believe in magic?
I have children; how could I not?
51) Do you tend to hold grudges against people who have done you wrong?
It takes a pretty grievous error to really anger me. That said, I'm Italian enough to subscribe to the old "forgive but never forget" idealogy.
52) What is your astrological sign?
53) Do you save money for anything? What?
54) What's the last thing you purchased?
A soda and three ice cream cones at McD's. Yes, I'm going to hell.
55) Have you ever had a relationship that you realized was lust not love?
Yes. But I still cared about him.
56) In a relationship?
Married for nearly nine years, now. We've been together much longer than that.
57) How many relationships have you had?
Four that were serious to me. A few more that were just for fun and another few that were mistakes.
58) What do you want to tell us about your day?
I was sad and tired and I'm still awake.
59) Where were you yesterday?
Mostly home, with a side-trip to the grocery store.
60) Is there anything interesting within 10 feet of you?
I'm in my LR, and currently have all of my ongoing art projects in here, so yeah, plenty of interesting.
61) Are you wearing socks right now?
No. I don't like socks and rarely wear them.
62) What's your favorite animal?
In general? Cats. Specifically? My dog, Katie.
63) What is your secret weapon to get someone to like you?
Hang on their every word.
64) Where is your best friend?
Driving truck somewhere on I-80.
65) How did you end your last relationship end?
My mother half carried me from my bedroom to the front of the house to break up with him. I was crying too hard to get there on my own steam, I loved him so much.
66) What is your heritage?
Italian and German and a smidge of Polish.
67) What were you doing last night at 12 AM?
Checking on the kids, climbing into bed and setting alarms.
68) What's new?
This blog post.
69) What is the key to seduction?
Touch. A low voice. Being honest about what you want.
70) What was the weirdest thing that happened to you this week??
I was abducted by an alien named Globnark. Srsly? This is a stupid question.
71) You are walking down the street on your way to work. There is a dog drowning in the canal on the side of the street. Your boss has told you if you are late one more time you get fired. What do you do?
Save the damn dog. It's alive, dammit. This shouldn't even be a question, it should be a given.
72) You are at the doctor’s office and she has just informed you that you have approximately one month to live. a) Do you tell anyone/everyone you are going to die? b) What do you do with your remaining days? c) Would you be afraid?
a) My husband, my sisters and my dad. I'd have to think about when to tell my kids. b) Spend it with my loved ones, making memories. Write letters and take video for my kids for after I'd gone. c) I'm afraid of pain, and afraid of leaving my kids and how it would hurt/affect them, but I'm not afraid of death or dying.
73) You can only have one of these things: trust or love.
There is no love without trust, not really. So when I say "love", know that for me "trust" lives within "love".
74) What's a song that always makes you happy when you hear it?
Get Happy by Judy Garland.
75) Who has your cell phone number (other than family)?
What a weird question. The kids' schools, our utility and mortgage companies, friends, the parents of my daughter's friends. Lots of people.
Posted by Shangrila at 11:59 PM