Friday, February 10, 2012
1. When it comes time to make a decision, I have learned to try to strike a balance between head and heart. When in doubt, I go with my gut. I try to go with my gut. I used to avoid making decisions, but after years of that nonsense, I realized that when I did that, the decision eventually "made itself" and that rarely turned out well, so: now I make a decision knowing that even if it's the wrong answer, at least I did my best to guide the outcome. Does that make sense?
2. I sometimes think that my boys are thinking, "Was it 'no hitting in this family' or 'no hitting unless Mom isn't looking?' 'No hitting if she's looking', that must be the rule!"
3. Mama says (/said), "Aaaaange! Bring me some popcorn and a Diet Pepsi!" And then I'd rub her feet.
4. I wish that everyone that ever told me, "You can be anything that you want to be! Women can have it all! The sky's the limit!" had mentioned that a) you can't have it all at the same time, and b) that whole "be/achieve anything you dream" thing requires sacrifice, wanting your goal more than anything and working your ass off. Thanks for making me feel like a failure until I figured that out, guys.
5. I never saw a dance line that I didn't like (love!)
6. I went to JoAnn's again and forgot to buy zippers to mend my husband's pants again. A shopping list, Angela: not a new invention.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to watching movies with the kidlets, tomorrow my plans include getting that gd bookcase into the garage (I will get the bookcase to the garage, by God!) and Sunday, I want to have the house picked up and lay out five outfits for the school-week for each of the kids!
Posted by Shangrila at 11:51 AM