Tuesday, March 31, 2009
I ARE SICK. So I am reposting my "48 question Meme" from Facebook. Except it's really 45 questions, because the yahoo that made the meme numbered the questions incorrectly (I fixed it for you.) To visit bloggers that aren't cheating on their random posts, visit Keely by clicking the pretty purple rectangle up there.
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? My father said that I was named after graffiti on a barroom's bathroom wall, "For a good time, call..." Class all the way, baby! My mother emphatically states that I was named Angela because it's a family name on the Busalacchi side. She also states, just as emphatically, that I was NOT named after my Great Aunt Angela. She's dead to us.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? Last week, while arguing with Jesse. I've always wished he were one of those guys that are destroyed by a girl's tears. No such luck.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? Yeah, I was just thinking the other day that I really like my signature. It's even and feminine but not girly, and I can see the influence of both of my parents and my Nana in it.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? Genoa salami.
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? Coming out my ears-lol! A girl and two boys, ages 10, 5 and 2. I still toy with the idea of another one, and if I felt that we could responsibly support another life financially I would totally do an end run around Jesse for one more baby. But four's my limit. I think.
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? I'd like to think so. I would need to approach myself first...okay, now I see why my husband said that if he ever saw a clone of himself he'd kill it. *shudder*
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM? WTF do YOU think? Side bonus: my kids are fluent in sarcasm. That's considered a second language, right?
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yes, but my daughter doesn't. She had them taken out this past summer and it was awful! The nurses came flying down the hall early to fetch me from the waiting room because she had such a hard time coming out of anesthesia. As soon as they opened the sound-proof doors I heard my baby screaming like an animal. Maybe Jesse and I should've considered the drama and aggression in our bloodlines before reproducing. Nah.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Absolutely not. Would someone please explain why one would purposely seek the sensation previously reserved for those who were unfortunate enough to fall from a cliff? You know, to their death? 'Cause I just don't get it.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Quaker Oat Squares. Although, if you want a bitchin' bowl of Cheerios, throw in a handful of peanuts and raisins. All four food groups-yum!
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? No. I don't have a single pair of shoes that tie. No tennies, nothing, since high school. I wear girl shoes that slip or buckle on, period.
12. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? Butter Pecan or English Toffee. Dove bars or Caramel Pretzel Klondike bars.
13. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? Their eyes and their voices, I think.
14. RED OR PINK? Red is second only to black and white. Pink has it's place, too, but red is best.
15. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? I'm impatient. I'm vain, too, but I can live with that. The impatience not so much.
16. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? My Nana. My Nana, my Nana, my Nana.
17. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO COMPLETE THIS LIST? No! Not unless I tag you! Unauthorized use will result in me personally hunting the culprit down and beating them to death with my laptop! Who writes these questions?! Srsly.
18. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Black dress with white polka dots. Barefoot.
19. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? My bella figlia, hammering open a coconut in the kitchen.
20. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Fire-engine red. The color of love, passion, rage and...fire engines.
21. FAVORITE SMELLS? Last night I laid down for a few minutes with West at bedtime. It wasn't bath night, so he smelled of milk and play dough. I just breathed him in, thinking, "This is what childhood smells like." I love the smell of Sissy's freshly shampooed hair, my mother's perfume, chicken marsala, the "green" smell of the garden in spring, Jesse's pillow, the nape of Walker's neck.
22. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? Doug. Jesse was going over to hang out with the guys, and since I was going to the grocery store anyway, Doug asked me to pick up some ingredients for Beef Stroganoff.
23. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? Yes. Chris Bidler was one of my dearest friends in high school, and has seemingly only gotten cooler since.
24. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH? I just answered this earlier at Stacy's Random Thoughts this morning. I'll tell you what I told her: "I'm so impressed that you can follow football! My first response to your question is, "No. Not until musical theater is legally declared a sport." Actually, that is the only answer I have-lol! We're an artistic family, much more likely to draw a football than watch one. Oh wait! Do the Olympics count?! 'Cause I do love me some Olympics..."
25. HAIR COLOR? Boring brown.
26. EYE COLOR? Boring brown, again.
27. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? I used to wear them daily, but as I've gotten older and my migraines have gotten more frequent and severe, I've limited them to special-occasion-wear only. Besides, contacts don't come with rhinestones. ;)
28. FAVORITE FOOD? Shell pasta with fresh peas, tomatoes, dill and a little butter or olive oil and salt.
29. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Happy endings (but not cheesy, predictable happy endings-the characters have gotta work for it for it to be worth the payoff.)
30. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? I saw Inkheart in the theater with my sis Lisa and Bella Figlia. I hadn't gotten a chance to read the books (a shame, as I do love young adult fiction) and thought the movie was darling. Also, Paul Bettany is in it. Bare chested. Yes, I am that shallow.
31. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? Please see #19.
32. Summer or winter? (Spring and) summer.
33. HUGS OR KISSES? Kissing, definitely. It makes my husband sad that, with children in my lap/face all day, I've become decidedly anti-hug on the adult front.
34. FAVORITE UTENSIL? I love soup spoons. I don't know why I haven't bought more of those over the years. Note to self: buy yourself some damn soup spoons, already!
35. FAVORITE DRINK? Chai tea latte. Pomegranate anything. Pepsi. Blackberry wine.
36. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? I am re-reading "Fast Women" by Jennifer Crusie. In between new books, I tend to re-visit favorites, especially Crusie novels. My sisters and I can quote whole passages and talk about the characters like real people, as in, "Doesn't that remind you of when Agnes said, 'Be nuts or cunning, not both, you bitch!'?" Kind of the literary equivalent of comfort food.
37. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? Who needs a stinkin' mouse pad?! I live on the edge...
38. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT? I didn't watch any television last night, but a few nights ago Jes' and I watched the uncensored version of Carlos Mencia's "No Strings Attached"-flippin' hilarious!
39. FAVORITE SOUND(S). My children playing (nicely) in their room. My husband's laughter. Little voices saying, "Mama?" My mother's (and sister's) voice(s).
40. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? I love the Beatles. Most everything they played, really, especially "Lady Madonna", "Hey Jude", "When I'm 64", "Get Back", "Blackbird"...okay, you get my point. I like the Beatles.
41. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? Indiana? Ohio? Where's a map?!
42. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? Diplomacy. I can tell anyone almost anything and come off as sane, reasonable, persuasive.
43. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Old St. Mary's Hospital in Milwaukee, WI.
44. WHERE WOULD YOU LIKE TO TRAVEL? Europe, especially St. Elia- Sicily and Germany (where my families emigrated from.) I'd also love to vacation in Hawaii(Lilo and Stitch), Australia (Steve Irwin), China (Amy Tan), Japan (Shogun).
45. HOW DID YOU MEET YOUR SPOUSE/SIGNIFICANT OTHER? I was standing in the lobby of our HS dorm with my then-roommate Heather Eckloff. Jesse and I made eye contact with one another from across the room. It was a moment. His roommate had warned him that I was crazy and that I should be avoided at all costs. Being the contrary guy he is, Jesse made a point of walking over to introduce himself. He even introduced himself as "Jesse" instead of his nickname "Jester." 'Cause he knew I was special. As he walked away, I told Heather, "That's the man I'm going to marry." She smirked. Who's laughing now, Cookie?!